Friday, April 13, 2007

Hi. Why Are You Here?

Do you know where you are? I know where you are, but I'm curious as to how you discovered this buried URL in "The Web". As of February 2007, it was estimated there were over 29.7 billion web pages. How did you come to arrive on this one? I know of no places that link here, or advertise this blog in any way, I guess there are some possibilities though. I'll provide you with some of my guesses.

A) I gave you this link. You are either a friend, or a member of my family. I told you, "Oh! Look at the blog I made today! Go to http://averagejoesthoughts.blogspot.com."

B) You search for the most random things your mind can come up with and visit the first result in the list. So you typed one or more of the following: average, joe, joe's, joes, thought, thoughts, blog, weblog, blogspot. Do you do this just because you are bored?

C) My blog gets local, national, or international attention. Why? I don't know. I'm just Average Joe. Maybe I'll get my fifteen minutes of fame someday.

D) I invalidate my previous statement about "no advertising" and I get a link for "Average Joe's Thoughts" put up on one of the other 29.7 billion web pages.

E) Computer error. Somehow you typed something like "google.com" in the address bar, and ended up here. Computers are prone to that sort of thing. This is most likely your situation if any of the above didn't apply to you.

Now you say, "I just got here, I was looking for something cool, and 'Joe' starts questioning me?" Forgive me, I'm not expecting anyone to end up here anyway... I should change my attitude. I invite you to stay, see if you enjoy any of my random thoughts.
Now that we have established how and why (or why not) you are here, let's continue.
On second thought (I have a lot of these, and you're going to have to deal with them if you are going to be reading "my thoughts"), let's stop there.

No comments: